Trying to keep my new resolution to update more regularly, and… already January has passed me by! So I’ll start now instead. 🙂
This is going to be a year of transition on many fronts.
My husband is going back to college full-time to finish his degree — which will, hopefully, take only two years. His employment situation will have to change, and that’s going to mean a lot of changes for us. So while he’s focusing on setting up his class schedule and working out how it will affect his job, I will be sorting through my own revenue streams to make things work better for us!
So watch for announcements about the following…! And if there’s anything you’d like to see from me, by all means… let me know!
- I need to set up my website so it works as a storefront for my art. Figuring out how to sell online is going to be my research goal for the year!
- I have about 10 finished works just sitting around in the basement. I need to find places for them.
- I have three unfinished works-in-progress that need finishing…!
- I have applied for a gallery show at a nonprofit gallery, and should hear back on that within the next couple weeks.
- I will be participating in Art Access Gallery’s “300 Plates” show again this year! That was such a great experience last year, and I look forward to doing it again!
- I am creating a Patreon page! There will be a $1 “eternal gratitude” level, and above that levels for “get a monthly digital post card” and “monster sketch Monday”. I may have other goodies like coloring pages and the like. I am still building the page, but will post an announcement here when I launch it!
- I am also considering a Patreon page for crafting patterns and the like…! But I think I need to build a foundation for that one before I build it. I have a feeling that, while my art audience would overlap a little with a crafting audience, they aren’t universally the same.
- I want to complete the Songseeker novel this year. It stands at 37,000 words, and the action is heating up. I’m considering my options for releasing it — whether as an ebook, or as an online serial.
I have a number of other artistic goals that need working on. I want to attend Salt Lake’s Gallery Stroll with more regularity, create a dummy for the children’s book I’ve written, populate my Zazzle store with some new stuff… I have a Traveling Through Yellowstone activity book for kids that I’ve been working on for some time, and a couple other projects I’m poking at that I’d like to bring to completion this year.