This is my birthday week! And it’s a milestone birthday for me. I’m trying to decide whether I’m upset or meh. I’m mostly meh. People around me are trying to convince me I should celebrate in a big way, but… meh. (Also, the black balloons and “over the hill” jokes are in poor taste, as far as I’m concerned… I still have a lot of life, and 25 years before I’m expected to retire. So!)
I do like celebrating, though. And this week I’m celebrating with little things: a trip to the cupcake store. Spending time with my kids now that they’re out of school. Plans to go to the Utah Arts Festival. Depositing the check from my paintings that sold at Art Access Gallery.
I would love for you to celebrate WITH me! Here are some things that I would just love.
- How about supporting me via Patreon? I offer monthly digital post cards and coloring pages!
- Or maybe go to DeviantArt and add one of my pieces of art to your favorites — or leave a comment! I love comments. 🙂
- If you’re on Facebook, you can “like” my artist page.
- Or check out my Zazzle store and see if anything there tickles your fancy!
Maybe support some of my favorite artists!
- My newspaper just started running Dana Simpson’s comic “Phoebe and Her Unicorn”, and she has a new book just out, called Unicorn on a Roll!
- Maybe check out Naomi Novik’s new book, Uprooted! I’ve loved her Temeraire series, and I haven’t picked this one up yet, but I’ve heard good things about it…
- I’ve really enjoyed M.C.A. Hogarth’s books; I recommend starting with Earthrise… though the Aphorisms and Admonishments of Kherishdar are some of my favorites.
- Ursula Vernon’s Castle Hangnail is out — and she just won a Nebula for her short story, Jackalope Wives!
- Shannon Hale has a new Princess Academy book out: The Forgotten Sisters! The first Princess Academy book received a Newberry Honor, and is a delightful read.
How about recommending things to me? I’m making my wish list now, and I’d love to fill it with things that will make me happy! So tell me. Your latest good read, your latest good food… Or just tell me something that delights you. That will be celebration to me. 🙂